How do I add my own custom domain name to SharePoint Online site which I created?
If you have SharePoint online site and want to add a custom domain name to your site, the process is easy.
You can only add domain names that you own. If you don’t already own a domain name, you can purchase one from a domain registrar, and then return to add it to Microsoft Office 365.
Type your domain name in the filed and click on Check Domain
Before we can add your domain name to Microsoft Office 365, we must verify that you are the owner of the domain.
- Sign in to your domain registrar’s website, and then select the domain that you’re verifying.
- In the DNS management area for your account, choose the option to add a TXT record for your domain. ( In this demo I am using eNom Central)
- In the TXT box for the domain, type or paste YourDomain.com.
- In the Fully qualified domain name (FQDN) or Points to box, type or paste v=verifydomain MS=ms95651193.
- Save your changes, and then sign out of your domain registrar’s website. Wait at least 15 minutes for this change to take effect.
- Return to Office 365 and click the Verify button below.
Step 2: Verify Domain
Once you make all the changes to your Domain name wait for 24 to 72 hours. Go to Office 365 administration and verify click on verify your domain
Once verified your status will be Active
If you want to change your SharePoint address to your custom domain, click on Change Address. You should see your domain name listed in Select Domain.
Select your domain name and click OK
You will get a message saying Address Changes in Progress
Step 3: Edit Records
Click on your Custom Domain and go to Domain properties. In domain properties click on DNS Manager
You will see your DNS records for your domain. Take this information and added to your domain name.
In this demo, I my domain name is in eNom and this is how I changed the DNS settings
After all these changes, Whey I type in my custom domain, it takes me to SharePoint Online Site.
Here is the end result of all theses works