The Newsfeed is not working on Mysite in SharePoint 2013
– Unable to upload pictures to SharePoint 2013 newsfeed
Trying to upload images to NewsFeed in SharePoint 2013
- The user profile service account does not have Full Control permission on User Profile service.
2. The distributed cache service account does not have Full Control permission on User Profile service.
3. The user profile service account does not have Full Control permission on my site web application.
To correct this issue, complete the following steps:
- Log onto the SharePoint 2013 Central Administration site as a farm administrator
- Navigate to ‘Manage Service Applications’
- Highlight the User Profile Service Application
- Click the ‘Permissions’ ribbon toolbar button:
- Add the account that is used to run the User Profile Service Application and give it full control
- Click OK
- Open the SharePoint 2013 Management Shell by right-clicking and choosing ‘run as administrator’Issue the following PowerShell commands:
$webApp = Get-SPWebApplication http://<MySiteURL>
$ webApp.GrantAccessToProcessIdentity(“domain/User Profile Service Application Account”)
At this point, the newsfeed should be up and running successfully: